Today is the first day I’m going Cold Turkey.Â For one week I will only get my news from Twitter.Â No NPR, no RSS feeds, No newspapers, no website (unless directed to via Twitter), no podcasts and no e-mail subscriptions.
Here’s how the morning has gone so far…
- Didn’t have to get the news paper out of the driveway for fear of catching the headlines.Â +1 for Cold Turkey – didn’t have to go outside this morning, too cold!
- Couldn’t read the regular blind date article in the Globe magazine (my 2nd favorite part of the Sunday Globe; top fave is Bruins news)
- I found that the Boston Globe must have 100 twitter accounts associated with their paper.Â Check them out here (notice the four tabs)
- Not having much success finding a good twitter feed for NHL video game recaps, much easier to go to NHL.comÂ *sigh*
- The wife is conspiring with the rest of twitterati to post fake news stories to throw me off the scent.