Blog Technology: Disqus vs Livefyre
I intended to do a post comparing Disqus vs Livefyre blog comment platforms. Â Turns out, this topic has good coverage already. So rather in covering old ground with new material, I thought I’d share what others had done and let you make your own decision on which comment platform is best for you.
- Luke Coburn at FatWalrus gives a first hand account of the platforms in “Compare Commenting Systems: Disqus vs IntenseDebate vs Livefyre“
- Adam Saverian did a great “head to head” post “Disqus vs LiveFyre Review”
“I switched to Livefyre” posts
- In a followup post, Luke Coburn shares “Why I Switched to Livefyre from Disqus“
- DJ Waldow highlights Livefyre’s powerful outreach as a reason to switch in “Why I Just Switched To Livefyre“
- Howie G shares “Why Livefyre is Winning Me Over vs Disqus“
“I’m not switching to Livefyre” posts
- Marcus Sheridan feels Livefyre goes too far and he’s sticking with CommentLuv in his post “Is Livefyre Destroying the Value of a Blog Comment?“
- Jeff Dickey found Livefyre to lacks documentation and is not developer friendly in “Commenting systems: Disqus vs Livefyre“
The energy is clearly behind Livefyre and I don’t believe it’s just because its the new kid on the block. Consistently the posts I read showed Livefyre’s features are the best for engaging in a conversation.Â Real-time commenting, the ability to pull others into the conversation andÂ SocialSync are the primary reasons to switch to Livefyre.
Photo credit:Â Travelin’ Librarian