Day 1 of Forresters eBusiness & Strategy conference (#forrforum) is focused on helping digital leaders discover strategies and tactics they can bring back to the office to drive progress in their companies objectives.
Digital Marketers can embrace change by:
- Becoming Customer Obsessed – like Dominos
- Anointing a digital change agent – like Hallmark – Chief Digital Officer
- Reallocating budget – like Krispy Kreme
The Digital Business Imperative
AsÂ Moneyballâ€™s John Henry character says, the first one through the door gets a bloody nose. As will digital change agents. Â Yet, when the internal zeitgeist turns in your favor, your firm will follow your lead.
Experience is the only differentiator
Barriers to Digital Change:
56% of ebusiness professionals have an multichannel digital strategy, yet only 23% feel they can deliver on it.
- IT canâ€™t deliver
- Your touchpoint choices are spiraling out of control
- To the rest of your organization, â€œDigital is something HE does”
- Todays structures are no longer fit for purpose
Setting a Path to Digital Change
You need to do two things:
1. Create the conditions for digital transformation
- Consolidate a digital strategy under a single customer-focused leader (Nespresso)
- Organize around the customer, not the function (CVS)
- Embed digital skills and competencies into the business (Nestle)
- Embrace cross-functional agile ways for working (i.e. work faster)
2. Master three essential digital skills
- Set and communicate digital strategy
- Manage Digital change
- Operate and optimize digital touchpoints
Each firms mix will be different
Who should lead the Digital Change?
It depends on your organizations capability:
|IT Maturity||eBusiness Maturity||Strategy|
|Low||Low||Focus on operational excellence|
|High||Low||IT lead transformation|
|Low||High||eBusiness lead transformation|
|High||High||Focus on strategic investments on next generation experiences|
How to serve social customers?
- Listen and respond on their chosen network
- Honor their issues with great customer care
- Solicit their ideas to solve new problems
- Unlock thie passion by stoking there conversations
- Enlist others through sharing and advocacy
That’s it for day 1, stay tuned for a day 2 wrap up.