Social Business By Design
Everything That Can Be Social, Will Be.
Although short, this was a useful outline of what it takes to become a social business. You can check out there book here for more info.
10 Fundamental Concepts to Achieve A Social Business
Social Design is needed because the days of accidental success are over.
- Anyone can participate - Example: Intuit – any employee is empowered to solve a customer problem. This capability moved them from #2 to #1 in their industry. When you limit participation, you limit results.
- Create shared value by default
- While participation is self organizing, the focus in on business outcomes
- Enlist a large enough community to derive the desired result
- Engage the right community for the business purpose - Example: Toyota tweeted press releases which was the wrong venue for reacting to a crisis
- Participation can take any direction, be prepared for it and take advantage of it
- Eliminate all potential barriers to participation. Ease of use is essential
- Listen and engage continuously to all relevant social business conversations
- The tone and language of social business is most effective when it’s casual and human
- The most effective social business activities are deeply integrated into the flow of work